Tuesday 24 October 2023

Crawling To An End

Well, folks, that's it. With the Hive we've reached the end of the mostly-adventured-in area that the Band knew during my pandemic-era online campaign. And although the 2023 stunt is supposed to grind on to the bitter end, for me filling hexes has slowly started to be less enjoyable, and this seems like a natural stopping point.

Thank you to all who have followed, peeked in, left comments, and a special thank-you to all the members of the Band of Bronze wherever they may be!

I'll probably wrap up on the weekend with an overview map of the areas west of Alakran. Will I have enough opinions about games to keep on posting and ranting? Perhaps, perhaps ...

Final farewell do a dead Egyptian pharaoh in his tomb. Liebig card, early 20th century, from a series on the entombment of a pharaoh in Ancient Egypt.

8 comments:

  1. Been a fun read. If you take requests and have the energy - would be a fan of seeing anything on the 52 pages expert rules. The basic part has some great ideas. Also use the dramatic personae a lot - its excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could certainly stand to revisit the 52 for its 10 year (gulp) anniversary! Thanks for the good word.

      Delete
  2. It's been a blast. Thank you!

    My players have been puttering around in the shadow of the Scarp for a few sessions now, getting into fights with gnolls and freeing some of their human slaves. They should get to Alakran next week and have a chance to figure out their sojourn in the underworld lasted a bit longer than it felt and they're about 1000 years late to the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great stuff, if you blog on this at all keep me updated! This reminds me, I should probably also publish an "Appendix N" listing all the third-party modules I worked into the setting.

      Delete
  3. This has been a highlight of my blog reading this year... Impressive world-building in a genre I want to run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent read and development! I would be very interested in the method you used to generate lands. It's more than what is found under "ALL THE TABLES" link, correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is ... but that is another story and one I am hoping to push out in its own time. I basically have a hex world creation engine down to the lairs and features of 5-mile hexes.

      Delete