Eight hexes northwest, five north of Alakran.
Just a stretch of desert within sight of the crystal dragon effigy. Roll a 1 ("lair") on d20 when passing through it, and you stumble across an area half a mile square, where strange things lie on the ground.
- Many areas where the sand has turned to glass in great plates and streaks
- An area where noxious poisons have settled into the sand under a covering of dead insects and small rodents, dyeing it a chlorotic green
- A pile of unusually dense stones of pure elemental earth, that tumbled out from a planar summoning
- Likewise, a spray of red sands from the deserts of Hell, which shriek if stepped on
- Prankish magic auras cast on various useless rocks and twigs
- A magic mouth, mumbling and choking on sand, unable to fulfill its mission
- A continual light (or flame), half buried under sand, visible only at night from 100 yards away as an eerie orange glow